React Native is an open-source , cross platform mobile application framework created by Facebook. It is used to publish Apps for Android, iOS and UWP. This tutorial focuses on how to install react native on windows.
The react-native documentation is the best place to get started. but I’ll be giving you a quick starter guide with easier steps and more detail.
Before installing react native. Make sure to install these on your PC
- Java Runtime Environment : The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a combination of tools for development of Java applications. It combines the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), platform core classes and supporting libraries.
- Android Development Environment : Android SDK(Software Development Kit) that enables developers to create applications for the Android platform.
Install react-native-cli by heading over to your terminal and type the following command
npm install -g react-native-cli
Starting a new application
Now that we have completed all the basic setup to start react native application. Let’s initiate the Project.
react-native init ReactNativeProject
After initiating the project. Type the following command to get into the project directory
Finally, You are ready to run your project in both android and iOS (A Mac PC is required to build projects with native code for iOS).
Type the following command in your terminal to run for iOS
Type the following command in your terminal to run for Android
The build process may vary every time you run the project.The launch packager will show the process status of the build.If the build fails, It wil indicate the errors.
Feel free to drop your thoughts at the comment section!
- How to install WordPress with Nginx on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to create a new user & configure a firewall on Ubuntu 18.04
- Installing Nginx, PHP, MySQL and PHPMyAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04
- Predicting per capita income of the US using linear regression in Python